Great Fall Stew Recipes to Keep You WarmNews Home
There’s nothing better to come home to than a warm bowl of stew after being in the cold weather. This fall, add coziness to your meal plan with these heart-warming stew recipes. These fall soup recipes are great to make ahead and warm in a crockpot for an easy meal. Warm the hearts of your loved ones today.
2 Fall Stews to Try This Season
After some fun-filled fall activities, you’ll be starving for some comforting fall foods. What’s better to curl up on the couch with than a nice stew and a warm fall drink? These autumn soups to try are another great way to celebrate the leaves changing.
White bean and kale stew
Grew some kale in your garden this fall? Make use of it with this kale and white bean stew.
- 1 pound kale, washed and shredded (about 1 1/2 quarts)
- 4 cups drained and rinsed canned cannellini beans (two 19-ounce cans)
- 1/4 of pound mild or hot sausages, with the casings removed
- 3 1/3 cups canned diced tomatoes with their juice (two 15-ounce cans)
- Two onions, chopped
- Three cloves garlic, minced
- Two tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
In a large pot, heat the oil on medium heat and add sausages and onions to the heated oil. Cook until the onions are translucent. Add kale and garlic to the pan until the kale has wilted. Next, stir in tomatoes, pepper, and salt. Reduce the heat and simmer the mixture until the kale is tender. Finally, add the beans to the stew and cook until warm. Mash some of the beans in the pot for a hearty stew.
Tomatillo and pork stew
This unique stew recipe will become a spicy tradition for your family.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin, cut into 3-inch chunks
- One 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 pound tomatillos—husked, peeled and diced
- 1 cup 1/2-inch-diced carrots
- Two large celery ribs, finely diced
- Two six-oz russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- One small red onion, finely diced
- 1 Anaheim chile, seeded and finely diced
- 2 cups chicken stock or low-sodium broth
- Two tablespoons vegetable oil
- Pinch of dried oregano
- Two garlic cloves, minced
- Small shakes of hot sauce
- Two teaspoons mild chili powder
- One tablespoon ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Corn tortilla chips, for garnish
Heat your oil in a large pot and season your pork with salt and pepper. Add the pork to the pot and cook over high heat until each side is browned. Add celery and onion to the pot, stirring occasionally until they are soft. Continue to add to the pot diced chile, garlic, chile powder, cumin, and oregano.
Once the mixture is fragrant, add the chicken stock, bringing it to a boil. After it begins to boil, place carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, and tomatillo in the pot and cover to begin simmering. Take the pork out of the pot and begin shredding with a fork; then, place it back in the stew. Season with salt, pepper, and hot sauce. Garnish with tortilla chips.
Garnish Your Life with a Luxury Home from MacDonald Highlands
These stew recipes can bring warmth to your luxury homes in MacDonald Highlands. With our spacious kitchens, you will have enough room for endless stews. Are you ready for a Life at the Top?