Summer Fresh: 4 Recipes to Try This SummerNews Home
Summer is all about hanging by the grill and spending time with family and friends. Backyard parties are a staple this season. This summer, ditch the typical burger and hot dogs menu with some fresh summer recipes.
Take advantage of all the delicious farm fresh vegetables and fruits available during summer for some farm fresh summer recipes. Summer vegetables can become a staple for some recipes to add to your backyard recipe. The ingredients for the summer recipes will cool you down in the summer heat. Your backyard party will be a success for the unique and fresh menu.
4 Summer Recipes to Try
1. Cheddar bacon corn on the cob
Grilled corn is a great side dish for any barbeque, but you can kick it up a notch by adding bacon and cheese.
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) Butter, softened
- 1 packet ranch seasoning
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 10 ears corn
- 2 c. shredded Cheddar
- 6 slices cooked bacon, finely crumbled
- freshly chopped chives
- Ranch, for drizzling
Grill your corn on medium heat. Mix butter, ranch, and pepper seasoning. Rub butter mixture on the freshly-grilled corn. Grill it again to get a light char, and top with cheddar to melt. Top with bacon and chives with a drizzle of ranch dressing.
2. BLT salad
Deconstruct the classic bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich and turn it into a salad with this farm fresh summer recipe.
- 1 tspn kosher salt
- 1/4 tspn freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 tspn kosher salt
- 1/4 tspn freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tspn sugar
- 12 ounces romaine lettuce hearts, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds assorted fresh tomatoes, sliced
- 6 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- For garnish: flat-leaf parsley and torn basil leaves
Prepare the dressing by the combining shallot and vinegar in a bowl. Add buttermilk, mayo, grated parmesan, salt, black pepper, and sugar to the bowl, and then whisk together. Cut romaine lettuce hearts onto a platter. Add sliced tomatoes and chopped bacon, and then top with dressing. Add croutons for your bread element, and sprinkle some fresh parsley and basil.
3. Cold ramen steak recipe
It’s too hot to be eating ramen during the summer. But, if you’re craving ramen, try this cold ramen recipe.
- 3 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1½ tspns sugar
- 1 tspn peeled and finely grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1½ tspns toasted sesame oil
- 8 ounces dried ramen noodles (You will not need the flavor packet)
- Kosher salt
- 12 ounces thinly sliced cooked boneless steak
- 1 small kohlrabi, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups thinly sliced Napa cabbage
- 1 cup cilantro leaves with tender stems
- ¼ cup crushed salted, roasted cashews
- 1 tablespoon crushed Sichuan peppercorns
Create the dressing by combining lemon juice, soy sauce, tahini, sugar, ginger, and garlic in a small bowl. Add sesame oil and vegetable oil into the mixture and whisk until it’s well incorporated. Cook noodles and let chill. Toss the noodles, steak, scallions, cilantro, cabbage, and kohlrabi in a bowl, and drizzle in the dressing. Toss until lightly coated. Top with cashews and peppercorns and remaining dressing.
4. Chicken tacos with pineapple
Tacos are very popular for the summer because of the ease for creating it. This recipe has a summer fresh salsa that will kick up your taco recipe.
- 1 Spice Teriyaki Marinade
- 1 1/2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4-6 taco-sized flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Montery Jack Cheese
- 1 1/4 cups cooked rice
- 1 Recipe Grilled Pineapple Pear Salsa Pineapple Lime Crema
- 5.3 oz pineapple yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice (or more to taste)
Marinate your chicken, and let it sit until you’re ready to grill. Grill your pineapple. Then, toss it with chopped up pears, bell pepper, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, ginger, salt, pepper, and cumin. Add jalapeno slices for spice. In another bowl, whisk together pineapple yogurt, mayo, and lime juice to create the pineapple lime crema. Grill the chicken and cut into strips. Assemble taco with cooked rice and tortillas.
The Perfect Backyard for Summer Fun
The homes here at MacDonald Highlands all have backyard spaces perfect for a great backyard party. Visit us today to take a look at our home options. Are you ready for Life at The Top?